This statement sets out how CHAT uses and protects any information you give us when you use this website. CHAT is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should you provide us information by which you can be identified when using this website, we will endeavour to ensure that such information is used only in accordance with this privacy statement.
- If you are only browsing this website, we do not capture data that allows
us to identify you individually.
- By registering with CHAT, you agree to receive administrative and promotional
messages from CHAT via e-mail. You can choose to unsubscribe from receiving
these messages through the instructions in the email.
- CHAT receives or collects personal data for the purpose of planning and
administering support activities for mental health services for youth. Please
note that any information and/or data sent to us, which can personally identify
you, may be shared within CHAT group or with Government agencies, so as
to serve you in the most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing
is prohibited by legislation.
- We will NOT share your personal data with non-Government entities, except
where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government
- CHAT does not disclose specific information about our users to non-authorised
third parties. However, in instances when a registered user repeatedly expresses
a wish to harm himself or others, the user's information will be handed
over to the relevant authorities.
- CHAT does however report statistics of the users of the website in broad
terms (but not information in relation to specific individuals) to our stakeholders
for the purpose of internal audit, planning and administering public health
- For your convenience, we may display to you data you had previously supplied
us or other Government agencies. This will speed up the transaction and
save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data
be out-of-date, please supply us the latest data. We will retain your personal
data only as necessary for the effective delivery of public services to
you. Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
to get access to or update your personal data that you have supplied to
- To safeguard your personal information, all electronic storage and transmission
of personal data are secured with appropriate security technologies.
- This site may contain links to non-Government sites whose data protection
and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the
content and privacy practices of these other websites and we encourage you
to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
- CHAT may amend, vary or modify this privacy statement from time to time
by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to apprise
yourself of any changes made. This privacy statement is effective from 10
- References in the above terms to 'we' or 'CHAT' extends to and is applicable
in its entirety to the IMH.